Are you sure you want to remove from your connections?
I am an assistant professor of physiology at the Department of Basic Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Islamic Azad University, Sanandaj Branch, Sanandaj, Iran.
I got a Ph.D. in physiology in 2011 from the Department of Physiology, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran. I performed my PhD project work at the Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University Medical Science, under the supervision of Prof, Mohammad Reza Zarrindast one of the outstanding neuroscientist in Iran.
At present, I work part time as a researcher on some research projects within the field of neurophysiology with prof, Abass haghparast at the neuroscience research center, shahid beheshti university of medical science,Tehran. Iran. Different types of rodent behavioral and molecular techniques are used in his lab, such as western blot, electrophysiology method single unit recording technique in addition to some behavioral testing technique such as Fear conditioning, conditioning place preference (CPP), Forced Swim Stress, Restraint Stress.
Department of Basic Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Islamic Azad University, Sanandaj Branch, Sanandaj, Iran
|City of birth||
|Google Scholar (or other Professional Page)||
|English Proficiency Level||
C1 – Advanced
|Field of Study||
Behavioral techniques: Addictive behavioral tests in animals: Tolerance and Dependence tests; Conditioning Place Preference (CPP) test
Pain models in animals: Tail-Flick test; Hot-Plate test; Formalin test
Stress models in animals: Forced Swim Stress; Restraint Stress
Passive Avoidance Learning (Shuttle Box)
Elevated plus Maze
Open filed test
Laboratory Models of Neuropathic pain in Rats
Surgical procedures on laboratory animal such as Cholestasis, Ovariectomy and Gonadectomy.
Drug Microinjection technique (Brain Local application)
1) Chizari A, Hassanpour R, Karimi- haghighi S, Azizbeigi R, Mesgar S, Mousavi Z, Haghparast A. Compensatory Role of Insulin in the Extinction but Not Reinstatement of Morphine‑Induced Conditioned Place Preference in the Streptozotocin‑Induced Diabetic Rats. Neurochemical Research. 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11064-022-03550-y
2) Kalvandi F, Azarbayjani MA, Azizbeigi R, Azizbeigi K. Elastic resistance training is more effective than vitamin D3 supplementation in reducing oxidative stress and strengthen antioxidant enzymes in healthy men. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Nature Publishing Group. 2021,1-6
3) Kalvandi F, Azizbeigi R, Azizbeigi K. Lipid profile and C-reactive protein changes to elastic-band resistance training in young healthy men. Comparative Exercise Physiology. 2021; 17(5): 485-491
4) Nazari-Serenjeh F, Zarrabian Sh, Azizbeigi R, Haghparast A. Effects of dopamine D1- and D2-like receptors in the CA1 region of the hippocampus on expression and extinction of morphine-induced conditioned place preference in rats. Behavioral Brain Research.2021;397,112924.
5) Azizbeigi R*, Haghparast A. Involvement of orexin-2 receptor in the ventral tegmental area in stress- and drug priming-induced reinstatement of conditioned place preference in rats. Neuroscience Letter. 2019;696: 121-126
6) Farzinpour Z, Taslimi Z, Azizbeigi R, Karimi-Haghighi S, Haghparast A. Involvement of orexinergic receptors in the nucleus accumbens, in the eﬀect of forced swim stress on the reinstatement of morphine seeking behaviors. Behavioral Brain Reasearch. 2019;356: 279-287
7) Azizbeigi R*, Farzinpour Z, Haghparast A. Role of orexin-1 receptor within the ventral tegmental area in mediating stress and morphine priming-induced reinstatement of conditioned place preference in rats. Basic and Clinical Neuroscience.(2018) Accepted Manuscript, In press
8) Ahmadi S, Golbaghi H, Azizbeigi R, Esmailzadeh N. N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors involved in morphine-induced hyperalgesia in sensitized mice. European Journal of Pharmacology.2014;737: 85-90
9) Azizbeigi R, Zarrindast MR, Ahmadi S. Interaction between gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABAA) receptor agents and scopolamine in the nucleus accumbens on impairment of inhibitory avoidance memory performance in rat. Behavioral brain research .2013;241: 191-197
10) Azizbeigi R, Ahmadi S, Babapour V, Rezayof A, Zarrindast MR. Nicotine restores morphine-induced memory deficit through the D1 and D2 dopamine receptor mechanisms in the nucleus accumbens. Journal of psychopharmacology.2011; 25 (8): 1126-1133.
Department of Basic Sciences, Sanandaj Branch, Islamic Azad University. Kurdistan Province, Sanandaj, Janbazan Blvd.Iran Telefax: :+98-87-33367114 P.O. Box: 6616935391,Sanandaj, Iran